Builders showcase new homes…
The Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association (GVHBA) is presenting another popular consumer event this week. Open House: A Showcase of New Homes highlights the latest advancements in architecture, design, construction technology and energy efficiency.
Some of the region’s most prominent builders will feature 50 decorated and furnished showhomes at 22 home sites in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Fort Langley, Langley, Maple Ridge, North Delta, North Vancouver and Surrey.
Participating builders are Adera, Azura, Boffo, Cressey, Domani, Foxridge, Legendary, Marathon, Marcon, Morningstar, Oakvale, ParkLane, Polygon, Portrait, Vesta and Wallmark.
The primary Open House sponsor is the Homeowner Protection Office, a branch of BC Housing and the provincial body responsible for licensing residential builders.
The four-day event, which began Thursday, offers a broad range of home types and prices, from a stylish Langley condo priced at $199,900 to a luxurious, custom-built Coquitlam home valued at more than $1 million.
People can also tour an 8,300 sq. ft. country house in an equestrian-themed community in rural Langley, where estate-sized building lots are offered for $529,900.
Features include sumptuous and spacious kitchens, lavish spa-like bathrooms, designer colours, vaulted ceilings, resort-style amenity facilities and a wealth of other creature comforts.
Open house hours are Thursday and Friday from 1 to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m. Some showhomes may not be open Friday, so confirm with the builder before visiting.
A complimentary Open House magazine — with photos, descriptions and maps — will be published by this week in NewLocalHome, published in local Black Press community newspapers (including The Times).
A preview of all participants was published last week in NewLocalHome. Details are also posted at www.gvhba.org.
A lucky visitor to the homes will win a Utopia Indulgence Package, which consists of seven hours of luxurious heaven-on-Earth spa services at Spa Utopia.
Participants, home types and locations are listed by municipality:
- Azura Homes, Pepin Brook Vineyard Estates, 2368 Chardonnay Lane, single-family detached
- Morningstar Homes Ltd., Pepin Brook Executive Homes, 29363 Bordeaux Terrace, single-family detached
- Adera Development Corp., Green, #106, 7488 Byrnepark Walk, lowrise condominium
- Boffo Developments Ltd., Jewel II, 6130 Wilson Street (at Beresford), townhomes, highrise condominium
- Polygon Homes Ltd., Kensal Walk, 1125 Kensal Place, townhomes
- Wallmark Homes Ltd., Birchwood Estates, 3372 Scotch Pine Avenue, single-family detached
- ParkLane Homes Ltd., Bedford Landing, 23015 Billy Brown Road, single-family detached
- Cressey Development Group, High Point Equestrian Community, 20048 2 Ave., single-family lots
- Marcon, Cornerstone, 5655 210A St., lowrise condominium
- ParkLane Homes Ltd., Time at Walnut Grove, 9525 204 St., townhomes
- Vesta Properties Ltd., Milner Heights, 20843 69B Ave., single-family detached, townhomes, fee-simple row-homes, manor homes and single-family attached
- Oakvale Developments Ltd., Trails Edge, #41, 24185 106B Ave., duplex
- Portrait Homes Ltd., Stoneleigh at Silver Ridge, 13851 232 St., single-family detached
- Morningstar Homes Ltd., South Pointe at Sunstone, 10527 Modesto Place, single-family detached
- Polygon Homes Ltd., Wedgewood, 768 Orwell St., townhomes.
- Adera Development Corp., Salus, #1, 6671 121 St., townhomes, lowrise condominium
- Cressey Development Group, Summerfield, 109 172A St., single-family detached
- Domani Homes Inc., Lotus, #69, 16355 82 Ave., townhomes
- Foxridge Homes, Vista’s West, 6058 163 St., single-family detached
- Legendary Developments, Maple on 84th, 8418 163 St., townhomes
- Marathon Homes, The Highlands at Sullivan Ridge, 14795 61A Ave., single-family detached
ParkLane Homes Ltd., SouthPort, 3677 143 St., single-family detached